Monday 21 May 2012

Tanjore paintings

For a long time, I 've been enamoured by Tanjore paintings. A very old art form, using pure gold foil and semiprecious stones, it has evolved with times. Modern influences have made it more easy to work on these paintings. Earlier made by trained artists, using labour intensive techniques, Tanjore painting has changed only a little. The beauty of each piece is matched only by the intricacy of work. I've been trying to find somebody to teach me. Finally i've able to find a teacher. So with her help and a little net surfing, I've finally started on some pieces. The first being that of Lord Ganesha. Who better to start any project with. Although summer holidays hav put a brake on my painting I'll continue when I'm back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment